Pages

Who else forgot the National Anthem?

On such an ordinary day, I was asked to recite

National Anthem. I stood with my head held

high, cleared my throat and went:


Arise oh compatriots

Nigeria's call obey To serve our fatherland

with love, and strength and faith

The ... (huh!) the ...


I didn't forget the rest, just the next word. I

had to google it.


Now, before you go 'what a dunce', recite the

National Anthem and say the pledge.


So, who else forgot a word of the anthem?

P.S My first trial of mobile blogging. I'll format it when I get my hands on a desktop.

7 comments:

  1. lmao...thats a good one, how long have u been away? I remembered it tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Away? Here's the shocker - I'm in Nigeria! It's been a year since I sang the National Anthem. Do you think I need to see a doctor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the pledge

    "I pledge to Nigeria my country, to be faithful, loyal and honest"

    It is so me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wont touch this one with a ten foot pole, havent said the anthem in 6 years, I shall not even try

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I can't even even remember the first line. And I call myself a patriot. Pfft!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish to say that this post is awesome, nice written and include almost all important info’s. I’d like to see more posts like this.

    ReplyDelete

Why Am I Here?

We Learn About People When They Talk. Hence, It's Little Wonder We Know Almost Nothing About The Taciturn. Taciturn Turned Talkative Lets A Taciturn Share His Stories, Permitting Us To Better Know Him and His Kind
Related Posts with Thumbnails